Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder mixed with 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dairy- and wheat-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, baking soda and water mixture, and sugar until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle a few more chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
Experiment —- Instead of … Try … .
- Pumpkin Sweet potato puree
- Rice flour Almond flour
- Sugar Maple syrup or raw sugar
- no seasoning Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Vanilla
This recipe does not include ingredients that contain milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soy. When grocery shopping, it’s important to read food labels to ensure that the specific brands you are purchasing do not contain any of your allergic triggers or traces of them.