- It is the customers responsibility to inform you if they have a food allergy
- It is your responsibility to prepare the food without the allergen if possible; If not, inform the customer they should order something else
- Know the ingredients in all foods that you prepare
- When preparing food for a customer or family member with an allergy
- Wash, rinse and sanitize the entire work area and equipment
- Wash your hands correctly and put on a clean pair of gloves
- Prepare the food away from other foods, utilize equipment specifically designated equipment
- When preparing batters, be very careful not to cross contaminate or use batter for more than one food.
- Buffets can present a risk for customers with an allergy.
- Ensure every item has it’s own serving utensil; utensils are store in the food item
- Hand deliver the food to the customer.