(click for the) ServSafe Training Schedule – updated February 2017
The month of May is being dedicated to Employee Training. Call now to schedule a customized training for your employees.
Inspections – love them or hate them, our Inspectors have a hard job.
Think about this:
* Food code recommendations change every 4 years.
* Each state adopts what they want and this can vary from State to State. Regulations can also vary from town to town creating a concerns for businesses with multiple locations.
The solution: Strive to meet the strictest food safety recommendations available. Inspections let you know you are meeting the minimum not the maximum – you should always strive to exceed.
* Be prepared for your inspection – 9 tips
to help you prepare.
* Staff meetings
are essential to ensure everyone is on the same page.
* What to do when an inspector arrives … read more
Make sure you’re handling your drink garnishes correctly … read more
* Prepare on CLEAN and sanitized approved food contact surfaces
* Safely store at the bar – away from customers (dirty hands)
Aprons being taken to the rest room and gently placed on the floor or hung over the door.
FYI: Aprons are part of your work uniform and are meant to PROTECT the customer from contamination. Do NOT take your apron to the restroom, on a smoke break or out to the dumpster.
I’ve seen both managers and owner (along with bartenders and waitresses) use glass-glasses to scoop ice. Ice is a food and you need to treat it as such.
- Dip the glass into the ice bucket
- Scoop with your hands
- Store bottles or other items in ice the is going to be used for consumption
Whole Foods is recalling Chicken SaladThe short of the story: 204 pounds of consumer ready chicken salad products with a “Sell By” date of 1/24/2017 are recalled because of misbranding. They actually contain egg salad.
Deutsch Kase Haus recalls cheese that was distributed to Sargento. A number of cheeses are being recalled due too a potential contamination of Listeriamonocytogenes. Check your cheese supply.