Food and Nutrition Newsletter – November 2016
Are your employees making these mistakes?
Employee Training – Now is the time to train your employees. Investing in your employees is an investment in your successful business. 2017 Class schedule will be available in December.
Thanksgiving can be the healthiest meal you provide all year long. Just remember to maintain food safety during preparation.
- Do NOT wash the turkey – you run the risk of spreading unwanted pathogens around your kitchen.
- Thaw safely – plan ahead and thaw in the refrigerator.
- Stuffing – follow these safe guidelines.
- Cook to the correct internal temperature.
- Cranberries – these powerhouse fruits will add nutrition and color to your meal.
- Leftovers – don’t let this final part of the day ruin your day. Handle all leftovers safely and don’t keep them too long.
Check out some of our favorite Recipes
October was a busy month for recalls. This notable one has been updated with Safe Preparation tips and an updated distribution list.
ilver Springs Farms recalls Beef – possible E.Coli (distribution list)
A nutrient powerhouse. Add Almonds throughout the day to increase both your protein intake and nutrients. Check out these easy ideas and recipes to power pack your day.