Check out this colorful, spicy, crispy, super yummy recipe that utilizes one of my favorite fall vegetables. Buffalo Cauliflower with Avocado Sauce can easily be made into a Taco or Salad.
Buffalo Cauliflower with Avocado Sauce
- 1 cup flour (I prefer a gluten free flour)
- 1 cup milk (any milk will work – almond, soy, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, and pepper (or 1 clove of garlic minced)
- 1 head cauliflower (4-5 cups florets, washed & dried)
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (I like using Habanero sauce)
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream (yogurt would work, too)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lemon or lime
- shredded cabbage or slaw
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions for Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk flour, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter and let excess drip off. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake on an upper rack for 15-20 minutes until lightly crisped and browned. For extra crispiness use a greased wire rack to bake the cauliflower on – this allows excess batter to drip down and promotes crispiness.
- Spice the cauliflower by gently tossing the baked cauliflower in a bowl with the hot sauce. Return to pan. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Directions for Dipping sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Directions for Slaw bed
- Wash the cabbage or packaged coleslaw in a colander. Allow to drip or spin in a salad spinner.
- Toss the slaw with some of the avocado crema until it’s nice and creamy.
- Plate slaw and top with Buffalo Cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Place remaining cream in a side bowl.
For Tacos: Fill each tortilla with slaw, cauliflower, a drizzle of avocado crema, and cilantro.
Don’t forget to check out more Cauliflower recipes:
Cheesy Cauliflower Bread – one of my favorites