You can use Walnuts, Pecans or Sliced Almonds to make these Candied Nuts. Toss these caramelized nuts into your salad or on top of anything you like.
- 1 cup walnut halves/pieces (almost any nut works well)
- 1/4 cup sugar (can definitely be decreased) – I also have used brown sugar and raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently making sure your mixture doesn’t burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts to melt, stir constantly until all the sugar is melted and the nuts are coated.
- Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper (or foil) and separate the nuts right away. If you can drop them onto the paper individually to make sure they separate.
- Once the coating hardens (5-7 minutes) transfer them to an air tight container or use right away.
Toss these nuts onto these great recipes:
- Spinach Salad with Berries & Curry Dressing
- Carrot Cake
- Asian Broccoli Saladhttp://the-natural-solution.com/recipes/asian-broccoli-salad/
- On top of French Toast or Pancakes
- Topping for your Hummus