- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup Agave nectar
- ¼ c. walnut oil or olive oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins (or drained pineapple)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Generously grease 2 – 9 inch round cake pans (I lined my with Parchment paper)
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients, mix well to combine
- Beat eggs, agave nectar & oil together
- Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts into egg mixture
- Stir in combined dry ingredients (almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & baking soda)
- Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean – about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. white sugar, powdered in blender (or use 2 cups confections sugar)
- Add white sugar to blender and blend at high speed until powdered
- In mixer combine cream cheese & butter until creamy.
- Mix in Vanilla
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar & whip
- Spread frosting over cooled cakes.
- Optional: sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.