Almond Oil Hummus
This simple hummus recipe can be altered with a variety of beans and nuts; I prefer not to use tahini. Add some of the optional ingredients listed below to make this recipe your own.
- 3/4 cup almond oil
- 3 Tbsp. almonds
- two 19 ounce cans chickpeas or other white beans
- 2/3 cup well-stirred tahini (I substitute almond butter)
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Parsley springs for garnish
- In a colander rinse and drain beans.
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until well blended
- Refrigerate in a covered bowl.
- To serve:
- Parsley sprigs
- Make a well and add additional almond oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Feel free to be creative
Serve with pita toasts, raw vegetables or your favorite item.
- Red Pepper
** Almond oil is best stored in the refrigerator.