Smoothies – plus more breakfast smoothie recipes
Sunrise smoothies are the perfect solution to those leftover banana’s. Don’t have time to make banana bread when those banana’s are sitting on the counter, ready to go bad. Simple solution: Peel the banana’s, slice and freeze.
- 2 banana’s, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup pineapple, diced and frozen
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- 1 cup strawberries, diced and frozen
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
- Additional liquid if necessary (pineapple juice, orange juice, milk, rice milk, water – your choice)
- In a blender combine bananas, pineapple and juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour evenly into serving glasses
- Add strawberries and greek yogurt into blend and blend until smooth. You may need to add a small amount of liquid to thin out the strawberry mixture (but not too thin)
- Carefully pour strawberry mixture onto of pineapple mixture and serve immediately.
Shake it up with a variety of fruits and/or vegetables. The world is yours on this one.
•1 Avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
•1 cup vanilla yogurt, low-fat (or 1 cup plain yogurt and honey to taste)
•1/2 Lime, juice
•1 1/3 cup Wild blueberries, frozen
•1/4 cup Almond butter, or you can use smooth peanut butter
•1 cup Plain yogurt, low-fat
•1/3 cup Milk
Red, White and Blue Smoothie
Ingredients: (can easily be doubled)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup any berry flavored juice
- 1/4 cup milk (cow’s, rice, soy)
- 1 1/2 c. ice
In a blender combine 1/4 banana, 1/4 c. yogurt, 1/2 c. cherries, 1/2 c. juice and 1/2 c. ice. Blend until smooth. Divide evenly among 4 glasses. Place in freezer while preparing the other layers.
Clean blender. combine 1/2 banana, 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/4 c. milk and 1/2 c. ice. Blend until smooth. Carefully top onto the red layer. Replace in freezer while preparing the next layer.
Clean blender. Combine 1/4 banana, 1/4 c. yogurt, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1/2 c. juice and 1/2 c. ice. Blend until smooth. Carefully pour onto of previous layers.
Serve immediately or freeze for 1/2 hour.
Decorate with whipped topping if desired.