This is a great wheat-free; soy-free substitute for Soy Sauce, but remember to always read ingredient labels.
Soy Sauce Substitute
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, stir together all ingredients. Boil gently until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in refrigerator in an airtight, glass container for 1 week.
Don’t let food allergies limit your food options. Theres is almost always an appropriate and healthy substitute for most any ingredient. If you can’t find one, let us know and we will help you find an appropriate solution.