Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread
Make 2 loaves of this GF Irish Soda Bread
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups high quality GF flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare (grease) 2 – round or loaf pans
- Combine wet ingredients, allow raisins to sit in the wet ingredients to plump up
- Combine dry ingredients, make a well in the middle.
- Add wet ingredients to the well and combine just until combined.
- Split dough into prepared pans leaving a roughly heaped center.
- Bake 50 minutes until lightly browned on the top and cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center. (Loaf pans will take ~60 minutes to bake).