Don’t let Valentines Day sabotage your goals. With these Healthy choices you can the day and reach still feel good about yourself.
A simple heart shaped cookie cutter, in different sizes, will help you enjoy Valentines day while making healthy choices. And you will look like the most creative person around. Give it a try. Most of these ideas do not require a special recipe just a little thought.
And most importantly it’s about making a healthier choice not 100% depriving yourself. Enjoy the day and LOVE yourself.
- Heart shaped pizza (made on tortilla of choice – spelt, oat or whole wheat); make them mini
- Heart shaped mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil & balsamic vinegar – or pesto
- Fruit kabobs – use that cookie cutter and cut into hearts
- Heart shaped beet & goat cheese salad
- Heart shaped shrimp cocktail
- Cheese on crackers – cut into heart shapes
- Heart shaped cucumber slices
- Heart shaped strawberries (and pink yogurt dip)
- Red & Green apples – punch out a heart shape and replace
- Heart shaped grilled cheese & tomato soup
- Heart shaped hamburger – or get creative with a piece of meat
- Heart shaped pizza with added heart shaped peppers, red onions (heart shaped pepperoni if you want to be bad)
- Add heart shaped toast to any entree for a special touch
- Pink Micro Green Salad
- Heart shaped quiche (made in a heart shaped cake pan)
Desserts – besides the obvious Valentines Day treats ….
I prefer dark chocolate, fruit and a good glass of fine, but if you’re looking for some more creative options here you go …
- Dark Chocolate covered strawberries
- Gluten free chocolate cake (made in a heart shaped pan) – this recipe is very rich and dense. It rises quite a bit and then collapse when cooled so be sure to top it with some strawberries and a chocolate drizzle, and maybe some whipped cream.
- Poached pear
- Strawberry or Raspberry yogurt parfait (layered with fruit and a little granola or angel food cake)
- Meringue drops (reduce the sugar – you will never know)